— Gadgets

Coronavirus Australia: Men given official warning after breaking hotel quarantine rules in Brisbane

A shocked bystander has captured the moment two travelers brazenly broke quarantine hotel rules during Brisbane’s lockdown. Two men have been issued an official warning by police after they were photographed breaking hotel quarantine rules.

The issue was raised by a concerned Brisbane resident who snapped pictures of the moment two individuals appeared to make the blunder in a “scary” display. Bob Price was walking past the Hotel Grand Chancellor quarantine hotel on Tuesday when he spotted two guests in different rooms making physical contact over their adjoining balconies and apparently passing items back and forth.

He reported the incident to police, and two men were given official warnings as a result.

“I saw them leaning over, so they were breathing in each other’s faces,” Mr. Price told The Courier-Mail.

“And you can see one person possibly passing the other something over their balconies.

“It’s really annoying and kind of scary to see contact between people in a quarantined hotel,” he said. We would hope everyone is taking this lockdown seriously.”

It comes as Brisbane suffers through a snap, three-day lockdown in a bid to slow the rate of infections.

Yesterday, two cases of community transmission were recorded in the state. However, Queensland’s contact tracers have added dozens of venues to alert lists, with NSW also on high alert. Byron Bay’s iconic Bluesfest festival has also been rocked by a last-minute cancellation due to the spreading outbreak, with thousands of attendees turned away, including some

who had traveled from as far as WA. NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard signed a public health order canceling the event. As a result, food vendors, with fridges and freezers full of produce ready to sell to the festival’s 15,000 attendees, were left stranded. Artists are also devastated, with one band lashing the decision to scrap the event as “absolutely disgusting”. Hyde, who was scheduled to perform, posted on social media following the announcement with a strong message for NSW Health.

“Absolutely cut at this announcement,” they wrote.

However, authorities are hopeful that the situation will be brought under control.

“Fingers crossed, all will be looking good for Easter,” Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said yesterday.

“If we see excellent testing rates across Queensland and we don’t see any unlinked community transmission, the signs for Easter are looking positive.”

Yesterday, Ms. Palasczcuk confirmed 33,400 coronavirus tests had been administered in 24 hours.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button