— Gadgets

Man’s ‘skin peeled off’ after Johnson & Johnson covid vaccine

A man was hospitalized after his “skin peeled off” from a severe body rash triggered by the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. WARNING: Graphic, A 74-year-old man, was hospitalized after his “skin peeled off” from a severe body rash triggered by the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Richard Terrell received the one-dose COVID-19 vaccine in Ashland, Virginia, on March 6 and started suffering symptoms four days later. He told WRIC that he first felt a “discomfort” in his armpit but that the itchy rash quickly spread, turning his skin a bright red and causing his body to swell.

It all just happened so fast. My skin peeled off,” Mr. Terrell told the broadcaster.

“It’s still coming off on my hands now. I began to feel a little discomfort in my armpit, and then a few days later, I began to get an itchy rash, and then after that, I began to swell, and my skin turned red.”

Mr. Terrell visited a dermatologist for a consultation as the reaction worsened, and he was sent to the emergency room on March 19. He said his legs and hands were unrecognizable at the worst of his response to the vaccine, and his skin was red and patchy.

It was stinging, burning, and itching,” Mr. Terrell said.

Whenever I bent my arms or legs, like the inside of my knee, it was excruciating where the skin was swollen and was rubbing against itself.”

He spent five days in the VDU Medical Center before being released to recover at home.

Mr. Terrell revealed that he is still frail and it will take him a while to recover, but he’s still grateful to have received the vaccine.

The doctor treating Mr. Terrell has confirmed that the rash was caused by a drug reaction.

They conducted a biopsy that concluded Mr. Terrell’s reaction had something to do with his genetic makeup and the vaccine type. “We ruled out all the viral infections; we ruled out COVID-19 itself,” said Dr. Fnu Nutan, a dermatology hospitalist at Virginia Commonwealth University Health. “We made sure that his kidneys and liver were okay, and finally, we came to the conclusion that it was the vaccine that he had received that was the cause.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button