A toddler has died of starvation and dehydration after he was left strapped in a car seat following his mum’s fatal drug overdose.
A Tennessee toddler died of starvation and hypertonic dehydration after he was left strapped in a car seat following his mum’s fatal drug overdose, autopsy results have revealed.
The Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said 15-month-old Nicholas Crowder was found inside a Portland home earlier this year, where he was secured to a seat without food, water or care.
According to autopsy, Nicholas’ 32-year-old mother Tiffany Spears, whose body was also found at the scene, died of a drug overdose due to a combination of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
Deputies were called to the scene in February, after a probation officer who was making a home visit observed a medical emergency.
Upon arrival, deputies discovered Nicholas, Spears and a three-year-old, who was taken to hospital for treatment.
Nicholas and his mother’s deaths were both ruled as accidental.
Investigators said there were no clues that indicated foul play.
Authorities are continuing to look into their deaths and anyone with information is asked to call Detective Lance Hampton on 615-442-1849.
This article originally appeared onand was reproduced with permission